This issue was found on Sitecore Experience Accelerator 1.2 with Experience Platform 8.1 and 8.2. The Bug is already reported to the Sitecore support, if you have the same issue you can refer to issue number 5180.
Update Sitecore Feedback: Our SXA Product Department is planning to fix the issue in the next SXA update (SXA 1.3).
I created a page in Wireframe mode including some search components, search results were found and everything was fine. Time to use the created theme and give the page an beautiful look.
Steps to reproduce
- Create a new Experience Accelerator Site
- In the Experience Accerlerator Site create Dialog click on the Theme Tab
- Select the checkbox "Create new Theme"
- Add some search components
- Use the new created Theme
Actual result / Bug
- The Theme Base Order is wrong
- Based on this wrong order the search components doesnt work
- You can fix this issue by simple move the search theme down
Remember you have to repeat this fix with every new theme that you create. Thanks to the sitecore slack community for brainstorming this issue.